We had our walkout steps and porch poured (concrete) and let me tell you I thought I was going to scream!!! They set up the molds for the steps going from the basement to the backyard. And I hope you can visualize this, but they had the steps ending about 6 inches higher than the concrete that we already have in the backyard as a basketball court. So after you climb up the stairs you would have to take a step down instead of it being level, or have a really steep slope. So of course, I told them that I don't want that, and I wanted it to be almost level. Well since the only Spanish that I know I learned on "Dora The Explorer," and the people working knew very limited English we had a REALLY difficult time working out what I wanted changed. But I thought it was better to get the molds changed before they started pouring the concrete than after. So after talking really loudly (because that always helps) and using hand gestures (not the bad ones) we finally got the molds where I wanted them and they poured the concrete. They actually did a good job and I am pleased with them, but if you ever decide to do some major work on your house, make sure your Spanish is better than you learn on Dora the Explorer!!!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment