CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting our Footing




Wow! Everything is happening fast. Yesterday we had three cement trucks lining our street. (I'm sure our neighbors loved that). And they poured our footings. I was amazed at how quickly they did it and with so much skill. Since we started this project I have come to have a deep respect for other people's professions. It is amazing how many different people with different skills it takes to make a house.

This morning we took Maren to InstaCare since she twisted her foot on the slide last night. Since she won't put any weight on her foot/leg we thought she might have broken it, but it just seems to be sprained. So my job today is carrying her around like a momma koala bear to wherever she wants to go. She can crawl but her preferred mode of transportation is called "mom". I'm sure she'll be running around before long. Hope everybody has a wonderful Easter!!

5 comments:

Michelle C. said...

This is your cousin, Michelle. Holy cow! That is so awesome. Congrats on starting the project. I can't wait to see the end result. Hope it's OK that I linked you to my blog. It will be fun keeping up with you.

Love, Michelle

Michelle C. said...

Hi, this is your cousin Michelle. Holy cow! What an awesome project. I can't wait to see the final result. This will be fun to keep track of you.

Love, Michelle

Shauna said...

It's amazing how fast everything moves, isn't it? I hope things continue to go smoothly on your new house. You are brave! Good luck with everything. Thanks for sharing your blog.

Shauna said...

Congratulations on your big endeavor. Good luck with everything. Thanks for sharing your blog. It will be fun to watch the progress of your new home!

Michelle C. said...

OK, so, yes, I left two comments because I didn't think the first one worked. But you get the point of my message. Say hi to the fam.