These last couple of weeks have been very stressful.
Our bathroom countertops came in the wrong color and since their printer they use to create the countertops is broken, there is nothing that they can do about it. We have been fighting with them on what they can do for us. I have had to talk to 5 different people and finally the manager had to come out.
Next we got our carpet. Exciting huh. Well when they tried to make seams, they found out that the color was not consistant and the seams stuck out badly. So they had to stop. All three rolls of carpet were bad. I had really had it by this time that I had to sit down and cry.
Next our cabinet panels, which we had ordered for the third time, came in. I was so excited to have the cabinets finally done after working with these people for a month and a half. Well, when the panels came in, they were the wrong color again. So they have had to order them again for the 4th time. I just had to laugh by this point.
Next, we needed a deck before our final inspection. The bids that we got for decks were much higher than we wanted (after waiting 3 weeks for a bid). So we decided that Ryan would build our deck. After 3 days of slow progress and wanting to get in as soon as we can, we opted to have some other guys finish the deck.
Finally, I called Qwest so that they could put in my phone line and they told me that I needed to dig a trench so that they could put in the phone line. They told me that I needed to contact my contractor because they should know this. Well, since I am the contractor, and I didn't know this, I will have to figure out something.
This was on top of railing people, alarm, heating and air-conditioning people, and my ever trusted Rick that has been doing electicity, tile, painting, and plumbing.
By the way, DON'T EVER BUILD YOUR OWN HOUSE. I'm sure I'll feel differently later, but it is a lot of stress!!!!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Abundantly Stressed
Posted by walker fam at 9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I'm sure it is an amazing amount of stress but you will love it when it is all done and you are in. It will be beautiful and just the way you want it.
Post a Comment