CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Priority and Postponed




This has been another exciting week for our house. I have been trying for a week now to find out who is supposed to run the gas line from the street to our house. I found out Monday after much back and forth that Questar has to do it. So they sent me a contract and a bill (of course) late Monday and I mailed it off on Tuesday. They told me that it would take 10 to 14 business days to get done. Well I must have been on somebody's priority list because Thursday morning they came to dig the hole for the pipe and today they are filling it in. Yeah!! I will have heaters before winter.

We also got priority treatment from our concrete guys. I have been getting estimates on concrete for the past week and on Tuesday I found out that they wanted to start on Thursday. So Ryan and I quickly decided what we wanted done and they started laying it out yesterday and will be pouring today and Monday. Wow. I never thought that I would ever be to this stage.

However when one door opens, another closes (or is that the other way around). Anyway, our bathroom sinks and window seals were supposed to be here this week, but they weren't quite ready, so we got postponed until Thursday next week.

Also we were supposed to get our basement kitchen countertop and laundry room folding table countertop yesterday. But their saw was having problems so it won't be here until next week either. Of course they failed to call me to tell me this, so I waited all day for them.

But I haven't blogged about the countertop that we did get on Monday for our main kitchen. I decided to go with Quartz since you can put hot pans on it and cut on it, but you don't have to seal it or do any maintenance. That is just the kind of girl I am, the one that needs low maintenance. It turned out so beautiful. I am ready to use my new kitchen.

Oh we've also had some more tile laid. Here are some pictures of the tile.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Wow Chelsea!
Is this the same house that we walked through just a couple months ago? It's coming along great!