CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting closer, I think

We had our first final inspection on Monday. Yeah!! I thought that it would never come. There were a few things (mostly things we knew about) that they wanted us to finish or change, but not too bad. They call it the final inspection, but you keep having final inspections until you pass. We will be having our second final inspection on Thursday.

I haven't had a lot of time to blog, but we did get our new carpet. My cousin Brad, who works for a carpet company and who sold us the carpet, was a life saver. He found us some carpet and had it shipped from Georgia. We got it installed on Friday and Saturday. It looks beautiful. There is just something about carpet to make a house a home.

We also got our shower door for our master bathroom. The rest of the bathroom stuff that we had to work through will be there on Thursday.

Our backsplash for our kitchen just got finished too. I can't wait to use my new kitchen. Most of the appliances are in and installed. We even have ice in the ice maker. It turned out really nice.


But with all good progress there have been a few set backs. The guy installing all of the door knobs was just working away when I realized that they were the wrong color. You can only image that he wasn't very happy. They had installed a couple of door knobs a couple of weeks ago (so we could use the restrooms) and they were right, but the new ones they sent were darker. So he had to take all the wrong ones off, repackage them, and then install the right ones. It has taken him 3 days.

Also, I was cleaning my new ovens and following the "do this before you use" instructions, when I found out that one of my ovens isn't convection. I thought both of them were, so I called the company and I guess my salesperson was new and didn't know. So they are going to ship me out a new one. Of course for a higher price. So this is a picture of the ovens that won't be in my house.

I almost forgot that we also got our handrails. They really give the house personality. I like them. The deck is coming. Slowly but surely. They have until tomorrow to finish. So we will keep our fingers crossed.

0 comments: