We had the first day of kindergarten on Tuesday. It was a really big day for Ashton. He had been wearing his backpack everywhere for a week (to the store, around the block, to bed). He couldn't understand why Logan started school but he didn't. But he finally got to use his Diego backpack!!
If there was a contest on who was more scared for kindergarten (Ashton or myself), I would win. I wasn't sure if Ashton was ready and so I worried and prayed, and then prayed and worried. But as Ashton always does, he surprised me and had a really great day. In fact that was the first words out of the teacher's mouth as she walked the kids out to meet their parents. I guess I looked worried.
Ashton had over 40 kids in his kindergarten class due to some bad management decisions. The school decided to get rid of the other kindergarten teacher. But we just found out that they hired a new one, so they will be splitting their class next week. Yeah!! I volunteered once this week on Thursday and had 14 kids in my group to do an activity and I was ready to pull my hair out after an hour. I don't know how the teacher has done it all week with 40 five-year olds and just some mom help. Crazy!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
My big kindergartener
Posted by walker fam at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment