CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

House Update



This week has been an exiting week for work on our new house. The best part is.....WE HAVE LIGHTS!!! I know it seems like a little thing, but it makes it feel like a home when you can flip a switch and the lights come on. I have been frequenting Lowes to buy more lights. I have had to resort to going to multiple Lowes because I keep clearing them out of my favorite light fixtures.


We also have some tile laid. We are putting tile in the kitchen, laundry room, kitchenette and all the bathrooms. The rest of the tile (including the grout) will be done this upcoming week. And yes it is all different shades of tan.

They also started a little over a week ago on our cabinets. Most of the base cabinets are in, but due to some errors in ordering and some broken cabinets in shipping, we have to wait until October 6th to get the rest of our cabinets installed. Sigh! But what can you do.


Our banister has also been stained and is starting to look beautiful. They are still going to sand it a little and put more varnish on it, but I am very happy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

It is looking beautiful! It is so fun to see everything come together! I loved watching the progress on our house. Good luck!

Melanie Anne said...

WOW--your new home looks gorgeous!! How exciting! YOur family is so cute! Growing so fast!