CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Pokemon Party


We had our 5th and final celebration of Logan's birthday. He wanted a Pokemon birthday this year. Of course you can't just go to the party store and buy stuff for a Pokemon party (they don't have any) so I had to get creative.

Ryan says that the party was really for me since I spent so much time on it and was so excited for it. But that's ok, I let Logan share some of the glory. If this explanation gets to Pokemonish for you, you can just skip the explanation.

First each kid got a folder with baseball card protection sheets in them. Each kid got a different color folder (one color for each type of pokemon - there are 8 Pokemon types in total).

For the psychic type - We played "guess how many candies are in the candy jar". For electric type - we played hot potato with a Pikachu pillow. For water type - we played a game where they were supposed to use water guns to squirt bubbles. For dark type - I tied black "Gastly" balloons to their legs and they had to pop the other kids balloons before their balloon was popped. For Steel type - we played hit the bulls eye with team rocket on it (I know this doesn't have anything to do with Metal but Team Rocket try to steel Pokemon so it worked for me).

For fire type - we played pin the tail on Charmander. For grass type - we played find the hidden grass pokemon in the backyard. And finally for fighting type - we played "Makey" says which is just Simon says pokemon-style.

If you have survived that long explanation, I applaud you. For each game they got Pokemon cards. Then for a treat we ate Pokeball cupcakes.

It was a really fun party and now I'm not sure what I will do with myself since I spent most nights this week getting ready. I have to thank my husband for helping me with a lot of the preparations. Thanks Ryan!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, sounds like fun and a lot of work. I'm impressed with how much thought you put into it. Birthday parties are great fun but they are also a lot of work!

Emily said...

Wow, can you come plan my birthday parties for me? That sounds awesome, I bet the kids loved it!